Helical Head Planers and Helical Head Jointers
Most woodworking projects start with a board. If you want your final project to feel more finished and professional, getting a smoother board, even from difficult woods, is key. To accomplish that, use a helical head planer or helical head jointer.
While helical cutter heads are less well known in the woodworking world than in metalworking, they truly offer a superior cut on wood. These machines cut your board level faster and quieter, leaving a smoother finish even in hardwood with knots and burls.
Busy Bee Tools carries a range of helical cutter planers, including convenient benchtop helical jointers,to suit your projects:
- Craftex’s 8-inch jointer with helical head will square your edges to perfection
- The next size up, Craftex’s 12-inch helical benchtop planer, provides a larger workspace with the same quality and 3 three year warranty of the smaller model
- Craftex also offers a 15-inch planer with helical cutter head with a powerful motor and cast iron wings
- If you’re looking for a 16-inch helical head planer consider the Rikon model, which holds 72 carbide inserts to deliver faster, quieter cutting at high volumes
The secret behind helical planers is their carbide helical cutter heads. As only one or two carbide inserts touch the wood at a time, the cutterhead delivers much quieter, smoother cuts. Choose from the following sizes for jointers and planers:
- 6-inch helical cutterhead for jointers
- 8-inch helical head for Craftsman jointers
- 15-inch helical head for planers
- 20-inch helical cutterhead
Choose a helical head planer or helical head jointer from Busy Bee Tools and get a more professional woodworking project faster, while reducing noise in your shop.