Bench Grinder & Belt Sander Combo – Craftex
The CT169N grinder and sander combo tool is perfect for knife honing, tool sharpening and sanding small parts. The 1/2-HP, 120-Volts motor provides a 3450 RPM grinding speed to handle just about any metal grinding job. The sanding belt is 28” x 2” used to sand both soft wood and hard wood. The belt sander can be tilted through 90-degree from horizontal position to vertical position and can be locked to any angle in between. The grinding wheel features an eye shield to protect the operators face from sparks produced while grinding.
CT169N is equipped with a 1-1/8” dust port to remove the dust produced while sanding and a work lamp for increased operation visibility.
Motor: 1/2-HP, 120-Volts, Single Phase, 60-Hz
No Load Speed: 3450 RPM
Amps: 2.5 Amps
Grinding Wheel Diameter: 8”
Grinding Wheel Material: Aluminum Oxide
Grinding Wheel Grit: 36#
Sanding Belt Size: Length 28” x Width 2”
Belt Angle: 0 – 90-Degree
Dust Port: 1-1/8”
Light Bulb: 12-V, 10-W
Weight: 18.50 Kgs
2 Year Warranty
I bought this sander/grinder combo to use for some of the small projects I have. The pros and cons were:
* Price is Ok if you buy it on sale
* Grinder's stone is OK but need some adjustments for close to perfect alignment
* Sander is not good at all. The belt could not stay in the middle. It kept run off either sides easily (eben with the tension adjustment knob) and ruined itself plus damaged to the 2 sides of metal housing. I open the housing to inspect for problem and realized the top wheel should be machined to make slight slopes (maybe 2 degree) to both sides from the middle. This will result in keeping the belt not to roll off either side. The adjustment is very useless when I tried to adjust the tension for the belt not to roll off. I eventually replaced the tension spring on the adjustment knob to keep the belt in center.
* The sander's top wheel (the smaller one) is plastic, not aluminum and it will not last for sure.
* Motor is very noisy. 70dB
* The light is a gimmick. Light bulb cannot be replaced and not even LED plus it was very dim (more for sleeping, not for working), not even emit white light
* Grinder/sander tool rests are a joke. I have to custom make 2 new tool rests from aluminum. They are so small that you cannot even rest any work piece on them for grinding or sanding.
Love this thing. The sander end is great for squaring up tools and sanding a nice edge on my knives. I found a great source for the 2 x 28" belts. I had them in no time at all and they outlast the cheap imports.
Just picked this thing up on sale and have to say I am quite impressed. Goodly amount of power for a nice small unit. The wheel certainly needs replaced with a more consistent stone, but that is common with most newly purchased grinders which come with brutally aggressive and jumpy stones. The belt size is a little unusual as a previous commenter stated, but there are extremely affordable custom belt makers who can usually provide a better product than the off the shelf belts for roughly the same price, and in a much greater range of grit size and grit type. Overall great product, would have rated 5 stars but there is a slight issue with the cover on the belt fitting a little wonky, but it would likely have been disposed of eventually regardless.
Not much to say about this Grinder/Sander except that it is solid and it does the job. It doesn't slide around, it doesn't rattle...just spins fast and does the job.
Just one small complaint would be the fact I can't find a good selection of 2x28in belts anywhere besides Busybeetools.
8" x 12"
Available Free Shipping